Friday, February 27, 2009

Cajun Chicken Salad

000_0569

Even though I'm the most creative (ahem) chef in my household, I still need inspiration from time to time. I had such great luck with Kylemore Acre's "Awesome" beef stew mix that I thought I'd give this cajun chicken rub a try.

000_0574

These, and a couple breasts of chicken, are all you need to make it. Just mix the packet and oil in a bowl and saute on medium heat. It's not a spicy mix so you can add chili flakes or Tabasco sauce to the mix.

For a dressing I only had balsamic vinaigrette but a ranch or blue cheese would have been better. The vinaigrette made it low calorie and better for people watching their fat intake.

Salad Ingredients

Romaine Lettuce
1/4 Avacado
3 Cherry Tomatoes
4 Broccoli pieces
4 Mushroom
1 Carrot

Add or replace any ingredients you like. Make sure they are all fresh and washed thoroughly if they aren't organic.

No comments: