Friday, December 14, 2007

You're Blood Says More About You Than You Think

While I was obtaining my degree in holistic nutrition I read a book by Dr. Peter D'Adamo called Eat Right For Your Type. So I decided I would try this "fad" diet. Holy shit! In 1 month I went down 2% in body fat. For all you health and gym nuts out there you know what a significant loss like that means. It's not just pounds, stones, kilos, or any other way you weigh yourself. It means that I lost 2% of all the fat I had all over my body. I was 23% to start with then with continuing my normal workout routine (3-5 days a week, 1 1/2hrs each time) and just changing my diet to eat only the foods good for my type, I shed those stubborn last % points. And the great thing about this diet is it's not all portion control and only eating lettuce. It's eating real food just avoiding the things that aggrivate your body and cause you to gain weight. One reason you store fat is because your digestion gets sluggish. For instance, if you're an A blood type and you eat loads of meat, you're in for a world of hurt. You're not made to eat more than 3 ozs of meat twice a week. The list goes on...

Dr. D'Adamo has a few other books on the subject like Live Right For Your Type, Cook Right For Your Type and the new one The GenoType Diet. I guess the Geno Type book gets more in depth for people with stubborn weigh loss problems. But I wont go into the details. Start off with Eat Right because that one explains the history of blood types and where they stem from.

Any questions about this just ask.

No comments: