Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Oh No!!

100_5418

This is what I woke up to this morning, snow. I marveled at the sight for about 2 seconds until I remembered I just transplanted everything yesterday. I jumped out of bed and rushed outside to drag all of my pots in.

100_5412100_5415

I just told someone the other day that we rarely get snow too. Should have kept my mouth shut. Luckily it was only a dusting. Then an hour later this happened.

100_5423

I was tempted to bring the pots back outside but decided to wait a while. With such unpredictable weather I didn't want to risk it. I was right to wait too because a few hours later we got even more snow.

And to top it all off, my cat decided to dance in the pots and crush my beet root seedlings, break a few broccoli stems, and even snap a borlotto bean plant in half. Oh and he even managed to dump an entire tray of seedlings killing most of them. He's still alive but I came very close to giving him the boot out into the cold. Bad kitty!!

No comments: