Saturday, January 19, 2008

What Is Canola Oil?

Canola oil, a.k.a. rapeseed oil, safe or toxic? OK you have to read this entire link as well as the 'additional infomation' and draw your own conclusion.

WOW! Personally, The Truth link on the bottom of the urban legend page sealed the deal for me. If this person could be any more full of sh*t I would be amazed. Hydrogenated fats aren't unhealthy? WTF?? And no I don't believe for a second that the FDA does what's best for Americans. It does what's best for their almighty pocketbook. Where did they get this bozo?

Wikipedia clears a few things up that "The Truth" idiot rants about. For example, there is no such thing as a canola plant. It's a rapeseed plant renamed canola (Canadian Oil, low, acid) because of the negative connotations the word rape has with North Americans. For flips' sake it's still called rapeseed oil in Europe.

Bottom line is, if you want an oil from a plant that's genetically modified to resist herbacides with just as many negative connotations as positive, by all means consume. For me, I'll err on the side of caution and stick to my good ole olive and grapeseed oils. Yummmm!

No comments: